We are participating in the Spring 2018 One Room Challenge and tackling a gut job of our guest bathroom! Check out our plans below.
TODAY, y’all. I can’t believe it. We are finally sharing our final plans (let’s see if I can say the word final again) and a bit of demo day. We have already shared some inspiration and then some narrowed down ideas that we were working through and today you’re going to get to see our final plans! (<– Yay! I did it! I used the word final again!)
Follow links for sources. Some affiliate links are used for your convenience.
- Shower fixture – Honestly, I’m a bit nervous on this one. It’s got some mixed reviews, but I’m trusting my husband (aka. the brains behind all this) on this one.
- Light fixture – We didn’t even share this in our narrowed down options but we found it later and it should be getting here today! I’m in love with it and really hoping it’s as pretty in person as it was online, but check out our Instagram stories because I’ll be showing it in person when it’s delivered!
- Towel bar – They have a whole line of products and I like them all, so we will see which one we actually end up with, but for now, it will most likely be this one!
- Mirror – Love these guys! So far, they’re my favorite part of this whole idea but it could be because we already bought them so I’ve had a lot of chances to look at them!
- Tub – I mean, ain’t nothin’ fancy here. Place to get nekkid and clean. About all we need.
- Faucet – Again, trusting my designer husband, Joanna Gaines.
- Vanity – I talked a little about this already, but I’m not super stoked that we have to have this one from Ikea because it’s not what I would choose if we had more space for a double vanity, but since beggars can’t be choosers, I’m going to make the best of it. We’re going to paint it black and may even hack it to have some shaker detail! Not sure yet! We’re also going to be getting new knobs for it as well.
- Toilet – Nothing fancy here either. Place to do ya boo boo and pee pees.
- Subway tile – Keeping it classy with simple white subway tile here. Thanks, Subway or something.
- Floor tile – This is where we are getting WILD. Maybe not wild, but wild-ish. Different and fun patterned tile. Prayers that I won’t hate this decision.
- Wall Color – We’re going with Benjamin Moore Grey Owl lightened 50%
Those are the plans. We started demo THIS MORNING. As in, Jordan had to be at work at 9AM and he started swinging hammers around 7:15. Here’s what we were able to do in an hour:
And the real brains (and tools) behind the operation:The tot.
Wish us luck. Also, I’m going to be sharing more detailed info on our Instagram stories, so follow us over there if you’re not already!